Sunday, October 19, 2014

Why Not?

The talented group at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges is looking to add to their design team.  I've thought about it until it is almost to late.  After serious pondering about why I would like to do this, I have decided to throw my name in the hat.

I love crafting in general and stamping in particular!  I can't imagine a week without stamping.  I feel that my passion for paper crafting and my desire to encourage others would be my selling points.  What I lack in ability, I make up for with enthusiasm!  I love learning new techniques and being challenged to try new things and feel that being a part of this team would be a fantastic way to stretch my creativity.  This is exactly my idea of FUN!  I have been on a design team in the past, but we weren't connected by blogs. I would look forward to having the connection with other team members.

I have recently begun participating in challenge blogs and have 
found them to be a fun way to kick start creative ideas. I have also enjoyed visiting the blogs of all the talented participants.  There are so many talented folks out there making such beautiful, interesting creations!  What would be better than "having" to do that as part of your "job"?

Speaking of jobs, in real life, I have been married to a wonderful supportive man for the last 25 years.  We have two grown kids, one 
in the working world and one away at college. We have lived in 
my husband's home town of Honolulu, Hawaii for the last 13 years.  I am so fortunate to have a great job as a diabetes nurse in one of our local hospitals.  I love my job and the opportunities it offers to work with great people who are trying to make positive changes in their lives.





As I mentioned, I decided to do this rather recently.  I was leaving on a trip and snapped this picture of a card I made in the last month or so.  It's one I enjoyed making with strips of paper scraps using a technique taught in one of the Online Card classes.   I can't say it is typical of my style because I'm not sure what my style is.   I would love the opportunity to share more with the C.R.A.F.T. team and followers.  Thanks for giving all of us the opportunity!

Aloha, Brenda

Supplies:
Paper:  Mohawk Color Copy, DCWV cardstock, misc paper scraps 
Stamps: Verve Poppy Birthday 
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories:the Sequined Bunny sequins, Copic Markers, Stamp N Stuff clear embossing powder 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Brenda I think you would be an awesome asset to this team and hope for good news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, thanks so much for your visits and your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for applying for our DT at CRAFT Challenge. It is great to see some people applying for the post. Good luck, love your work!

    Jo and the CRAFT Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very stylish card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

If You Like Snarky...

I honestly have had a tough time keeping up with things this year, so this stamp set will probably be getting plenty more use. This belated ...

Popular Posts