Monday, January 18, 2016

Beach Babe (#135)

For The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek, go here.

It's time for a new i {heart} sketches challenge at From the Heart Stamps.



Here's my card:



I had to use Tropical Chick to make my tWist work out.  You see, my husband LOVES to surf, mostly standup surfing.  His favorite spot is right off Waikiki.  I ran up to his van, took some of the sand from his floor mat to make a little Waikiki Beach for Ms. Chickie!  I also added a tiny shell I had.

Remember, in this challenge, everyone is a winner.  For just linking up you will receive $1 credit for use at the From the Heart Stamp store.  You can use it as a discount or save up to get a free image.  For all the challenge details check out the blog here.  You'll also want to check out the inspiration the design team has for you this week, you'll not be disappointed.  I hope you have time to play along this week, can't wait to see your creations!

Aloha,
Brenda


Supplies:
Image:  From the Heart Stamps Tropical Chick
Paper:  Kangaroo and Joey (does anyone else remember them, this is vintage for real), cardstock scraps
Accessories:  Sand from Waikiki Beach, Copic markers, Spellbinders circle die, MFT pierced circles, sewing thread, shell from stash

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Brenda! Love how you used sand and the tiny shell :-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Brenda! Love the summer feel to your cute card (lucky you to have beach sand available!)
    every thing in Ohio is frozen right now since it's only 8 degrees out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Brenda! Brilliant idea to add the sand and the tiny shell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Brenda and sand right from the beach....awesome! We are headed to Maui n a few weeks and I can't wait! Fab card!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, this is such a colorful and FUN card ! Love that you´ve used real sand and a shell- great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sand and shell is a brilliant touch - I'll not to be jealous that it is simple the dirt in the van floor haha - great card!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sand and shell is a brilliant touch - I'll not to be jealous that it is simple the dirt in the van floor haha - great card!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this little guy looks very relaxed and happy! Fun take on the sketch and the sand/shell are a great touch. I'm headed to Maui soon AND can't wait for sun, sand & surf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts