Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Flutterbys

I hope y'all are in the middle of a great week!  I am very happy to say my MISTI arrived today.  This is amazing since I ordered it on Sunday.  Usually shipping to the middle of the Pacific Ocean takes longer than most other places.  I took it for a quick test drive and have to say I am very impressed!  I stamped over the same image 4 times and it remained crisp and clean.  I even took the stamped paper out, showed my hubs and stamped a 5th time with a perfect image.   Typical guy, impressed by how well the new tool works, wonders how it can do that.

Enough about MISTI.  The real reason for this post is to show this card:


and another version


This is one of my new Altenew sets, Painted Butterflies.  It is another multistep stamp set.  These cards went together very quickly.  I can't wait to try these images again using the MISTI.  By the way, I made the enamel dots from Perler beads inspired by this House of Cards blog post.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers - Wings
Deep Ocean Challenge - Things with Wings
The House of Cards:  
To add a butterfly or use these colors

Thanks for taking the time to stop and look.

Aloha, 
Brenda

Supplies:
Card 1
Stamps:  Altenew Painted Butterflies, Stamps by Judith Dots
Paper:  Mohawk Color Copy
Ink:  Lawn Fawn Sunflower, Delicata Golden Glitz, VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Home made enamel dots, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders Die and sequins

Card 2
Stamps:  Altenew Painted Butterflies, Stamps by Judith Dots
Paper:  Mohawk Color Copy
Ink:  SU! Sky Blue, VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Home made enamel dots, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders Die

7 comments:

  1. Wow the enamel dots look great I must take a look at this idea as they are quite expensive for what they are. Congrats on the Misti, this is on my wish list :). The cards are beautiful I am really taken with the colour of the butterflies in the second card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken just a few little elements and put them together to make the most amazing and elegant cards - I am in awe of these kind of designs :-)
    The homemade enamel dots look fab and I absolutely love the curved die cut along the bottom with the sentiment underneath - so effective!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful - both of your cards - like the understated elegance of the second one even more than the bright colors on your first card! Your enamel dots came out quite well! Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE the gorgeous clean design on both of these cards! The coloring is just fabulous, and those butterflies are stunning! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous, I love the addition of enamel dots too. Thank you for joining us at HOC, see you again soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set of cards Brenda, I am a fellow MISTI lover, I have had mine for a few days and I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at House of Cards
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very pretty! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts